FEATURED UPCOMING EVENTS
Friday, November 29th 2013
NLB Inc. Presents
The Fall 2013
Upstate Elite Football Performance Combine & Evaluation
In Conjunction With....
MAXIMUM EXPOSURE FOR OVER 300 TOP ATHLETES IN THE NORTHEAST REGION
Doug Miller Family Sports Park
4618 Ridge Rd. West
Spencerport, NY 14559
November 29th, 2013
12noon - 5pm
This event is open to youth and high school football players Quarterbacks / Running Backs / Tight Ends / Wide Receivers / Linebackers / Defensive Backs / Lineman.
(Must Be In Grades 6 - 12)
Online Registration Below
- Athletes have the opportunity to get ranked nationally.
- Possibly get nominated and invited to the Blue Grey All-American Combine and Bowl Games in Dallas, TX or Tampa FL.
- All football players will be taught all the techniques needed to succeed at the next-level by College and High School Football Coaches.
- There will be video taping of the Football Drills and the NFL-Style Football Combine.
- MVP awards are giving out for each position. We also give out awards for best effort. The biggest award will be the Overall MVP Award.
Here is a brief breakdown of the measurable drills that will be tested the 2013 Fall Elite Performance Combine & Evaluation.
The 40-yard dash is the marquee event at the combine. It’s kind of like the 100-meters at the Olympics: It’s all about speed, explosion and watching skilled athletes run great times. These athletes are timed at 10, 20 and 40-yard intervals. What's being evaluated is each athletes explosion from a static start.
The vertical jump is all about lower-body explosion and power. The athlete stands flat-footed and they measure his reach. It is important to accurately measure the reach, because the differential between the reach and the flag the athlete touches is his vertical jump measurement.
The broad jump is like being in gym class. Basically, it is testing an athlete’s lower-body explosion and lower-body strength. The athlete starts out with a stance balanced and then he explodes out as far as he can. It tests explosion and balance, because he has to land without moving.
The bench press is a test of strength. - As many reps as the athlete can get. What is being evaluated is your muscle endurance. Anybody can do a max one time, but what the bench press reveals is how often the athlete has worked out for the last 3-5 years.
- Grades 6-7 (Push-Ups)
- 8th Grade (115 lbs.)
- Freshman (145 lbs.)
- Sophomores (165 lbs.)
- Juniors (185 lbs.)
- Seniors (205 lbs.)
3 Cone Drill
The 3 cone drill tests an athlete’s ability to change directions at a high speed. Three cones in an L-shape. He starts from the starting line, goes 5 yards to the first cone and back. Then, he turns, runs around the second cone, runs a weave around the third cone, which is the high point of the L, changes directions, comes back around that second cone and finishes.
The short shuttle is the first of the cone drills. It is known as the 5-10-5. What it tests is the athlete’s lateral quickness and explosion in short areas. The athlete starts in the three-point stance, explodse out 5 yards to his right, touches the line, goes back 10 yards to his left, left hand touches the line, pivot, and he turns 5 more yards and finishes.
Featuring A Special Parent SeminarSponsored By:
The Buffalo Water Cooler
The parent seminar will include categories such as:
- NCAA Academic Eligibility Standards - Red Penguin Athletics
- Understanding Your Teenage Athlete - Dale Carnegie Rochester
- The College Recruiting Process - Beyond Athletics Scouting Inc.
- Developing The Leader Within You - Dr. Leonard Brock
- Prep School Information - Mike Stone
- Good Sportsmanship - NLB
- Building Strong Responsible Men - The TLW Group
- A Word From Our Sponsors - Buffalo Water Cooler
- Upcoming Events And More......
Next Level Conditioning
Elite Lineman Challenge Video Footage
JOIN THE GROWING LIST OF DISTINGUISHED ATHLETES
FROM THE NORTHEAST REGION!!!
Camp Director - Drew Deroo
COVERED BY NATIONAL MEDIA OUTLETS
- BEYOND ATHLETICS SCOUTING
- BUFFALO WATER COOLER
- ALONG WITH MANY OTHERS….
ALL CAMPERS WILL RECEIVE A CAMP T-SHIRT.
MUST BRING ALL OTHER PLAYING EQUIPMENT.
BRING CLEATS, MOUTH PIECE, AND ANY GAME FILM.
Chauncey Scissum - Syracuse University
Cullen Casey - Old Dominion University
Ashton Broyld - Syracuse University
Friday, Nov 29th, 2013
12noon - 5pm
$85 Register Today
- NFL Style Combine
- Skills Competition
- Lineman Challenge f/ Block University
- 1-on-1 Skills And Drills
- 7-on-7 Team Competition
- Award Ceremony and More...........
REGISTRATION BEGINS AT 12 NOON
AND MANY MANY MORE!!!!
Now It's Your Turn......